From Compliance to Commitment
Team member and project safety awareness, coupled with a detailed, well-written and complete construction plan, makes for a truly worthwhile and effective operation. Our goal is ZERO incidents. We go beyond conventional compliance to achieve a safety culture on all jobsites where our commitment to working safely and responsibly is clearly evident.
SpawGlass believes that, while risks exist,:
- Accidents and injuries are preventable.
- Each of us has a personal responsibility for safety.
- No business objective is so important that it will be pursued at the sacrifice of safety.
- Safe conduct of operations is a condition of employment at SpawGlass.
- A job is well done only if it is done safely.
- SpawGlass should have the best safety performance in the construction industry.
To accomplish this philosophy, OSHA standards, in their most current form, are the minimum safety compliance protocols considered acceptable by SpawGlass management. Safety starts at the top. Our safety program is overseen by the SpawGlass Safety Council, comprised of executive level management. Reinforcing our commitment to safety, all project management team members are required to complete the OSHA 30-Hour course, and all craft workers are required to complete the OSHA 10-Hour course, at a minimum.
The SpawGlass Stop Work Authority program authorizes any team member to stop a work activity when there is a safety concern, stressing that team members have the authority – as well as the obligation – to stop any task or operation they feel is unsafe, without the fear of repercussions. Team members who exercise this authority are recognized and rewarded for their contribution through our Good Catch/Near Miss Program.
Representative Safety Awards/Partnerships
- Associated General Contractors (AGC) First Place National Safety Excellence Award (2016)
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) National Safety Merit Award (multiple years)
- ABC Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) Diamond, Platinum and Gold Awards (multiple years)
- Construction Users Roundtable (CURT) Construction Industry Safety Excellence Award (2014)
- OSHA SHAPE Partner Since 2005