Community Involvement / Construction Mentoring
Featured Community Involvement Events
Whether participating in local charity-sponsored events or hosting our own events, SpawGlass gives back to the communities where we live and work.
In 2018, SpawGlass held and participated in numerous community events throughout Texas, including:
- Austin: 4th Annual SpawGlass Sporting Clays Shoot; raised $35,000 for Any Baby Can
- Houston: 6th Annual CJ Strnadel IV Memorial Fishing Tournament; raised $50,000 for Bo’s Place
- North Texas: 2nd Annual SpawGlass Sporting Clays Shoot; raised $30,000 for Cook Children’s
- San Antonio: 5th Annual SpawGlass Golf Tournament; raised $40,000 for the Children’s Bereavement Center of South Texas
- Senior Living and Campus Housing: 2nd Annual SpawGlass Sporting Clays Shoot; raised $10,000 for the Alzheimer’s Association
- South Texas: 14th Annual SpawGlass Bay Fishing Tournament; raised a total of $32,000 for Friends of RGV Reef, Walk for Women Breast Cancer Foundation, The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Endowed Scholarship Fund and Texas Southmost College
Commitment to Education
SpawGlass is an active part of the ACE Mentor Houston program, a non-profit volunteer program working to educate high school students about the various roles within the architecture, construction and engineering industry. Students attend weekly sessions on topics such as preconstruction and incorporate what they learn into their own final presentations of a design and construction project. Scholarships are then awarded to select students. http://www.acementor.org/index.php/affiliates/texas/houston/about-us/
SpawGlass-Austin often is asked to facilitate the Texas State University Capstone course, a requirement for all Construction Science & Management majors. Team members from various Divisions and departments of SpawGlass teach weekly classes, with topics ranging from estimating to presentation skills. Students are divided into teams and use the skills they have garnered throughout the semester to make final presentations to a panel of judges.
SpawGlass also has created endowments at several Texas universities to support education outside of our company. We give back to institutions that have done so much to prepare our own team members for fulfilling careers in the construction industry.
T. Frank Glass Memorial Scholarship
Since 2003, SpawGlass has awarded the $40,000 T. Frank Glass Memorial Scholarship annually to children of SpawGlass team members. Scholarship recipients who completed their undergraduate degrees have launched successful careers or have chosen to continue their education by earning master’s and doctorate degrees.
To further our commitment to community involvement and provide more direction for our initiatives, SpawGlass Foundation was created in 2009. The Foundation helps support our company-wide charitable giving goal and ensures all charitable donations are coordinated and aligned with corporate giving objectives.